High school graduation and college enrollment continue to be the main objective of our mentoring intervention. Our teens achieve the following results because of caring volunteers who carry out our research-based program model:
- At least 90% of our seniors graduate from high school, compared to 60% of their D.C. peers.
- At least 80% of our seniors enroll in college, compared to 29% of their D.C. peers, or as few as 5% from the higher-need wards of the city.
- At least 60% of our mentoring pairs stay together for their year commitment, compared to 38% nationwide.
As we expand programming, we'll be monitoring other goals before graduation to be tracked more carefully:
- Promotion to the next grade.
- Participation in college, career, and personal development.
- Academic improvement.
Stay tuned for a report on student results in these areas!